These are actual excerpts from grade-school students on classical music:
1. Refrain means don't do it. In music it's the part you better not sing.
2. Handel was half German, half Italian and half British. He was rather large.
3. Beethoven wrote music even though he was deaf. He was so deaf he wrote loud music.
4. Henry Purcell is a well-known composer a few feople have heard of.
5. Aaron Copeland is a contemporary composer. It is unusual to be contemporary. Most composers do not live until they are dead.
6. Music sung by two people at the same time is called a duel.
7. I know what a sextet is, but I'd rather not say.
8. Caruso was at first an Italian. Then someone heard his voice and said he would go far. And so he came to America.